WP Leader: T6 ECO
The objective of this work is to spread the project concepts, developments and findings to all stakeholders.
Dissemination of results at a European level is essential to achieve a better integration of European R&D, as well as stimulating competition in research to foster European excellence in Science and Technology.
In this context, MARKOS project results are addressed to different target groups, such as the FLOSS Communities, general public, Scientific Community/Academia, Industrial Companies in the sector, Public Administrations, Policy Makers and general media.
According to this challenging target, a wide dissemination strategy is planned, including:
- The MARKOS project website with updated information on the project progress and the main achieved results;
- Monthly updates on SourceForge.net and Slashdot.org with 4.3 Million unique visitors per month;
- Publication of scientific papers on high impact international journals and in proceedings as well as participation in conferences;
- Articles in technical online media and OSS online services and newsletters;
- Meaningful linkages to other EU similar projects and initiatives;
- Promotion of project results through the partner’s web sites, newsletters and other communication channels such as SourceForge.net and Fraunhofer FOKUS test beds and laboratories, whose goal is to bring together customers, vendors, and administrations to discuss IT-strategies and solutions.